YOU MADE 2020 A YEAR FULL OF HOPE FOR PEOPLE WITH MS
We are so excited to share our Progress Impact Report with you, highlighting the amazing achievements in MS research that YOU powered.
Thanks to you, MS researchers around Australia were able to continue their vital work despite the COVID-19 pandemic. Thanks to you, research continued into better treatments, preventions, and cures for MS. Thanks to you, people living with MS can live better. This couldn’t happen without your support.
OUR RESEARCHERS ARE MAKING INCREDIBLE PROGRESS
2020 was a challenging year for MS researchers. Thanks to YOU, the research discoveries didn’t stop. Here are just some of the research breakthroughs you supported over the last year:
- Every eligible research application was awarded funding – that’s twenty new research projects dedicated to helping us investigate prevention, treatments, and cures for MS.
- The first-ever treatment for secondary progressive MS (SPMS) was listed on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS), giving people with MS affordable access to treatment.
- Research from Professor David Tscharke, who also lives with MS, investigating the impact of MS treatment on the immune system, which could change his own life, and the lives of people living with the disease.
- The creation of our evidence-based guides to improve the lives of people with MS: Adapting Your Lifestyle: A Guide for People with MS, and Modifiable Lifestyle Factors and MS: A Guide for Health Professionals.
- And so much more progress in Australia which you can read about here.
YOU ARE HELPING FAMILIES LIKE AMBER’S HAVE A FUTURE FREE FROM MS
Mum-of-three Amber was 33 when she was diagnosed with MS.
My first question was ‘am I going to see my kids grow up?’
Seeing how much research is being done here in Australia really gives me hope.
I’m pinning my hopes on a cure. The fact that it could happen in my lifetime is amazing!
For Amber, and the 25,600 other Australians living with MS, a life without MS would be a dream come true. You can help make this dream a reality by donating to fund MS research. We need everybody’s help to make this possible.
Thank you for helping to fund this vital research – together, we can defeat MS.