We said 2018 was going to be the year our global movement really gained momentum – and it was!
Our Aussie founded Kiss Goodbye to MS campaign went global in 2016 and we have been growing each year, with 2018 being our biggest global year yet, both in terms of involvement and money raised.
Kiss Goodbye to MS was celebrated in 15 countries across the world, with Egypt and Lebanon being welcomed to the campaign this year. Together we are now funding more research into MS than ever before, and that’s all thanks to you – our MS Squad! In only three years, you’ve raised more than $4.5 million for the worldwide research efforts into MS, so that one day we can Kiss Goodbye to MS once and for all!
Whether you’ve held a fundraising event, donated, attended an event, volunteered or put on your game face and supported us on social media, we would like to say a huge thank you! You are the reason we can keep funding the invaluable work of our MS researchers.
Looking back on what has been an incredible year, we’ve included some of our favourite moments for you, and can’t wait for an even bigger and better 2019 with our Kiss Goodbye to MS family!
1. Our MS researchers launched the campaign on Red Lab Coat Day with 9 creative videos by competing in the Battle of the Labs, and our colleagues from the Netherlands and Ireland also switched to red lab coats!
2. The Ride for a Cure cousins Ed, Henry, Jack and Rob took on the Mongol Derby and raised an incredible $189,325 – a wild ride for MS research!
3. Kiss Goodbye to MS is the world’s biggest international community of people raising funds for research into MS. We are on 5 continents, speak over 9 languages and are now in 15 countries.
4. Our Ambassador Katrina Hemingway completed the Pennine Way by walking 430km through England with her sister Belinda and brother-in-law Neil. Despite sore feet and blisters, they made it to the end and raised $23,244 for Kiss Goodbye to MS.
5. The global MS Squad put on their game face and raised awareness for the invisible symptoms of MS and vital MS research all over the world.
6. City2Surf 2018 in Sydney was our biggest year yet, as our fabulous runners raised over $30,000 for MS research, they walked, danced and ran to the finish line.
Thank you for an incredible 2018!
We’ve got huge plans for 2019, be sure to visit us at www.kissgoodbyetoms.org