The MS Angels is a group of women from the business community who devote their time and efforts into supporting MS Research Australia, whilst networking and socially connecting with other inspiring women.
The MS Angels were founded in 2008 by two women based in Sydney who both had a link with MS and were looking to make a difference. This gave them the inspiration to build a network of corporate women that would raise awareness and important funds for MS Research Australia.
In order to support MS research, each Angel makes an annual donation of $2,000, which is collectively allocated to a research project of their choice.
The response of the MS Angels has been incredible, they have quickly grown to four networking groups in major cities around Australia, including: Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane. Together the MS Angels have raised over $1 million since commencement in 2008!
MS Angels events
Each MS Angels group meets socially for a series of four to six events per year. These events are a great opportunity to hear from a diverse range of guest speakers and a fantastic networking opportunity. All events are generously hosted and catered for by corporate sponsors.
Some of the speakers to date include:
- Elizabeth Broderick, Federal Sex Discrimination Commissioner
- Simon McKeon, 2011 Australian of the Year and Patron of MS Research Australia
- Tania de Jong, soprano and social entrepreneur
- The Hon. Kate Lundy, Senator for the ACT
- Justice Annabelle Bennett, Chair, National Health and Medical Research Council
- Professor Gillian Triggs, President, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Ann Sherry AO, Executive Chairman, Carnival Australia
To find out more information about the MS Angels please contact us on:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 356 467.
Meet the MS Angel Coordinators:
The MS Angel networking groups are self-sufficient wherever possible. The MS Angel coordinators assist with logistics, event preparation, event coordination and donations.