Australian MS Longitudinal Study
- Van Dijk PA1, Kirk-Brown AK2, Taylor B3, van der Mei I3. Closing the gap: Longitudinal changes in employment for Australians with multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 2016 Nov 24. pii: 1352458516678934.
- Access Economics (2005): Acting positively: Strategic implications of the costs of multiple sclerosis in Australia. Access Economics Publication, Canberra 2005.
- Simmons, R. D., Tribe, K. L. & McDonald, E. A. Living with multiple sclerosis: longitudinal changes in employment and the importance of symptom management. Journal of Neurology 257 926-936 (2010)
- Wollin, JA, Fulcher, G, McDonald, EA, Spencer, N, Mortlock, MY, Bourne, M and Simmons, RD: Psychosocial factors that influence quality of life and potential for self-management in multiple sclerosis.International Journal of MS Care 12 133-141 (2010)
- Simmons, RD: Life issues in multiple sclerosis.Nature Reviews (Neurology) 6 603-610 (2010)
- Palmer, A; Covance Pty Ltd and Simmons, RD: Economic impact of multiple sclerosis in 2010: Australian MS Longitudinal Study. Report commissioned and published by MS Research Australia, 2011
- Summers, MP and Simmons, RD: Keeping Cool Survey: Air conditioner use by Australians with MS. Public policy related results and recommendations. Report published by MS Australia, 2009 (used for State govt lobbying for medical cooling rebates on electricity use by people with MS.
- Summers, MP, Verikios, G and Simmons, RD. Keeping cool: use of air conditioning by Australians with multiple sclerosis.Multiple Sclerosis International 2012, Online Open Access Article ID 794310
- Honan, CA, Brown, RF, Hine, DW, Vowels, L, Wollin, JA, Simmons RD, Pollard JD. The multiple sclerosis work difficulties questionnaire.Multiple Sclerosis Journal 18 871-880 (2012) PMID 22146603
- McCabe, M, Ebacioni, K, Simmons, RD, McDonald EA and Melton, L: A needs analysis of Australians with MS. AMSLS Survey and Report commissioned by MS Research Australia, 2012.
- Verikos, G, Summers MP and Simmons, RD. The costs of keeping cool for Australians with multiple sclerosis. Australian Economic Review 46 45-58 (2013)
- Taylor, BV, Palmer, A, Simpson, S Jr, Lucas, R, NZMSPS study group, Simmons, RD, Mason, D, Pearson, J, Clarke, G, Sabel, C, Willoughby, E, Richardson A Abernethy, D. Assessing possible selection bias in a national voluntary MS longitudinal study in Australia.Multiple Sclerosis Journal 2013 e-pub ahead of print DOI: 10.1177/1352458513481511
- Palmer AJ, Colman S, O’Leary B, Taylor BV, Simmons RD. The economic impact of multiple sclerosis in Australia in 2010. Mult Scler. 2013 Oct;19(12):1640-6. Epub 2013 May 7.
- Wollin, JA, Spencer, N, McDonald, EA, Fulcher, G, Bourne, M and Simmons, RD. Longitudinal changes in quality of life and related psychosocial variables in Australians with MS.International Journal of MS Care 2013 Summer;15(2):90-7.
- Kirk-Brown A, Van Dijk P, Simmons R, Bourne M, Cooper B. Disclosure of diagnosis of multiple sclerosis in the workplace positively affects employment status and job tenure. Mult Scler 2013
- Ahmad H, Taylor BV, van der Mei I, Colman S, O’Leary BA, Breslin M, et al. The impact of multiple sclerosis severity on health state utility values: Evidence from Australia. Mult Scler. 2016:1352458516672014